Sunday, March 29, 2009

Welcome to the 2nd Trimester

Well, the first trimester really is over now! YEAH! Overall, it wasn't too bad. Main "symptoms" were:
  • Nauseousness for a few weeks, but no sickness
  • EXTREME tiredness - I needed a nap or to go to bed at 8pm each day
  • Overall nervousness that everything was going okay
  • Consistent "colds" - I don't think pregnancy caused this, but it didn't help me get better
  • Getting fatter. Screw all the books that say "you won't be showing until the 2nd trimester." BOO to you! Although maybe people couldn't tell I was pregnant, they were thinking I was gaining weight as I started to develop a spare tire around week 8.
  • Total inches gained: 2, but by the end of the day, it goes up 1 more inch
  • Total weight gained: It's hard to say because it fluctuates so much each day. My best guess is 4 pounds.

I am very happy to be in the 2nd trimester and cannot wait for my doctor's appointment on April 1st!

1 comment:

  1. Re: your constant "cold"...I was congested for 9 months straight. Then the day after I delivered, the congestion and snot all went away immediately!

    ReplyDelete