Saturday, March 7, 2009

Guess the gender

I know I still have 9 more weeks until we figure out the gender, but from the moment I found out I was pregnant, I have thought it was a girl. Here is my evidence:
  • I'm sort of psychic
  • Lynne told me "You know it's a girl"
  • Beth H had a dream (before we told her) that she was playing with her granddaughter. She had this same dream before Reese said she was pregnant and did have a girl
  • The Ancient Chinese Conception Chart says it's a girl. According to my cousins, it has been right for all them.
  • When I was pregnant in October I was sure it was a boy and the Chinese Chart agrees
  • The baby's heart rate was 170. Theory is heart rates over 140 are girls.

Son, I apologize when you see this someday. It's not that I don't want a boy, but a girl first would be nice. Don't worry, Daddy wants a boy!

1 comment:

  1. So, I used wives tales, too, to try and figure out what I had. Heart rate, craving salts vs sweets, how I was carrying Alyssa (high or low),whether or not Tommy was gaining weight (men supposedly gain weight if it' a girl) - those were just some of the things I had heard of. Alyssa disobeyed every single rule. I loved salty food, and btw, Tommy actually LOST weight. Heart rates were also consistent with a boy. Plus, I just had that feeling I was having a boy. When they told me at the ultrasound it was a girl, I was like, "umm, what? Are you sure?" She showed me the "three lines" (or, the bun, not the hot dog, as the one lady put it). Hopefully your psychic abilities were much better than mine. And although I thought it would be cool to have a boy first, girls rule. But really, either way you can't go wrong. Welcome to motherhood!

    ReplyDelete