Friday, September 18, 2009

Last Blog Before Baby?

Hopefully this is the last update before the baby. This weekend is going to be filled with odds and ends and some relaxing, so this shouldn't be on my mind. But I had a few other random things to add:
  • Overall Weight: According to the doctor's scale, I gained 26 lbs total. According to our home scale, I gained 35 lbs total. Pretty much the difference is my starting weight - for some reason, I must have just weighed a lot that first time I saw the doctor, who knows. Either way, I'm pretty happy with the overall weight result.
  • Circumference: 46.5 inches. Who knows what my original waist was anymore!
  • The last day of work was difficult but I tried to keep a brave face all day. First off, I'm sad to leave the kids. I feel like I just got started with them and now I'm passing them off to someone else. One of the girls even said, "But you are my brand new teacher and you are already leaving!" Oh, break my heart! I did promise the kids I would be back with the baby for Halloween and they are pretty excited about that, so I pleased them a bit today. I gave them a nice good-bye speech today and then also "threatened" them that when I come back they better be behaving and I will know if they haven't been. :) Secondly, I LOVE my ladies at work! I will very much miss having lunch with them, chatting, gossiping, randomly stopping and talking to people, etc. They are all such a rewarding part of my job. I tried to keep it light and casual today, but I will be missing them all very much over the next few months! Hopefully they'll save my seat in the teacher's lounge! :)

Well, I think that pretty much sums up my pregnancy this far! The blog will certainly NOT be updated as much after baby boy is here. I can't believe that in 3 days, I will have a little baby! It still seems surreal. But I know that I cannot wait to get him in my arms and kiss and cuddle him! Just trying getting to hold him - I dare you! :) And I am very much looking forward to have all this time off with him. This has easily been the best year of my life and I am so happy that I will be home with him until January. Fall has always been my favorite time of the year, but having this little baby, being home, watching Browns games, cuddling with my Layla Bear...I think I may be on Cloud Nine for the next 100 days!

Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive and loving to us during our pregnancy. My life has truly been blissful since January and we are so blessed. Please say a little prayer for us on Monday that everything goes well and we come home with a healthy baby boy!

I think I am ready for the next chapter of my life to begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment