Friday, September 11, 2009

As of September 10th

Tom and I went for our 37 week doctor appointment on Thursday. We had another ultrasound to check the size and weight of the baby. Again, we were told Baby Boy is big - 8.5 lbs and in the 90th percentile. The ultrasound tech was very nice and we had a fairly long ultrasound. We even saw the baby open his mouth! She also said that I still have a lot of fluid, which is why my belly looks so big and round. We then met with the doctor and she determined that I am now 3 cm dilated. She was impressed that everything is moving along quite well. She does think that the big baby plus all that fluid are helping to speed things along. So everything sounded ok and then she dropped the bomb shell that I could basically go into labor at any time and if I do not go into labor by Thursday (September 17th) then we will schedule an induction for very soon after that! My last day of work is SUPPOSED to be September 18th and I would like to make it to that, but at the same time, I'd rather go into labor naturally vs. being induced. So now we're officially in a waiting pattern! ALL our bags really ARE packed now! We also have tarps and towels in my car because we were told twice that IF my water breaks, it will gush and be like Lake Erie, so we have THAT to look forward to! We knew that all this could be a possibility but hearing it on Thursday and realizing that she definitely cut a week off my pregnancy timeline made everything VERY VERY real! So wish me luck and pray that Baby Boy can stay in there a little longer - I would like to at least make it through Monday and Tuesday of next week!


His Foot

His Face His Fist

No comments:

Post a Comment