Thursday, August 20, 2009

Week 34 Ultrasound

He's still a boy!

His 2 feet!

His face (it's a bit distorted and hard to see)!


Today Tom and I went for our 34 week ultrasound. Everything was going pretty well until she mentioned that the baby looks like he weighs 6 lbs 12 oz! Now, our doc did say that the number could be off a pound one way or the other, so maybe he's only 5 lbs 12 oz but still pretty big for this point. He's in the 90% percentile (I really don't get what that means, but it's not good). They also said I have a lot of amniotic fluid. Big baby + lots of fluid = my big belly! The only other thing I was worried about was that they would say he's not a he anymore - or rather that they made a mistake, but it is not the case! He's still a boy! We also learned that he is already head down, so that is good. I did measure for 35 weeks but that's only 1/2 a week ahead, so not bad. My doc didn't think anything indicated that I would have the baby early at this point. I will go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound to check the size again, but she said there is no intention of inducing me early if he's big. She agreed that going into labor naturally is the best method and they really do not want to induce - unless I am over 41 weeks.

New symptoms/issues:

  • I have had horrible heartburn every night that wakes me up. She said Tums are not enough anymore and I should be on Zantac. Thought I had some at home - NOPE!
  • I knew he was head down because there is major pressure on my bladder. I also just am feeling pressure when I'm up and walking, so she recommended a get a belly bra to hold up my belly and alleviate some of the pressure.

Random facts:

  • Baby's heart rate was 135
  • I was actually right on where all his body parts have been! I knew those were feet by my ribs!
  • Speaking of ribs, the muscles over my ribs hurt a lot more, especially if I've been sitting for a while or driving.
  • My wedding rings definitely do not fit anymore and I am now wearing a garnet/diamond ring Tom bought me for my birthday last year.
  • The baby kicked Layla when she rested her head on my belly the other day (actually he "butted" her). She gave me a look like "Why did he do that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment