Saturday, August 8, 2009

32 Weeks

I am now in my 32nd week and am moving right along. I've done a lot of picture updates of the room, but I thought I am missing some fun updates about me and baby boy! Here are some new things:
  • Tom and I have been going to our Childbirth Classes. They are very fun and informative. We have learned a lot! My favorite part so far though was when our instructor Nicki made Tom "be the woman" and he demonstrated the 4 labor positions for the class! Of course I did NOT have my camera that day!
  • I went to my latest doctor appointment on 8-6-09. It was the first time they told me how much weight they had calculated for me and my belly measurement. They have my weight gain at 22 lbs - which I think it pretty great! My belly measurement (not circumference) was 33.5 which is supposed to relate to how many weeks you are, so technically I measured a week early, but they didn't say anything about it.
  • We have an ultrasound on Aug. 20th that I cannot wait for! I'm so excited to see my little boy again and especially figure out what position he is in. In my opinion, he is diagonal, with his feet by my right ribs and his head/hands by my left hip.
  • I'm pretty surprised that my energy level is still pretty high. There have been a few days I have been dragging, but overall I have been an energy dynamo - staying out until 3 am for Melissa K's bachelorette party, dancing my butt off, finished all my lesson plans through the end of December, getting things ready, etc. I'm sure once I go back to school I'll be zonked!
  • Speaking of Melissa K's bachelorette party...did you know men don't really care if you are pregnant? They will still come up and try to dance on you (yes, dance on you, because they are certainly not dancing with you) and grab your butt! Frankly, I'm a little disappointed boys!
  • I am feeling very good overall. I feel like my belly got pretty big a few weeks ago and I was feeling awkward but it's been about the same size for a while now and I sometimes don't remember I have a big belly. It's nice to not feel like a blimp!
  • I truly appreciate everyone's nice comments on how good I look, but it's not helping my exercise routine/after baby weight loss. I mean, if I look good at 1&* lbs, then do I really need to go back down to 1$# lbs? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment